When it’s time to start your roofing project, you want to ensure that you have the best roofing company doing the job for you. If you do some online search for roofing contractors, you are likely to come across a set of contractors that will tell you that they are GAF certified, and you may be wondering what that even means or why you should even care.
This information is presented by our roofers, who are part of the many roofing companies in Pawtucket RI. In this article, you will learn what it means for a roofing company to be GAF certified and why you should hire such a contractor.
What is GAF certification?
With the acronym GAF, General Aniline & Film is the leading manufacturer of roofing materials in the United States. They offer a certification program known as the Master Elite Certification. With this certification, their customers are assured that their roofing project will reach the desired completion. This is achieved by taking their contractors through continuous training to keep them up to date with trends and developments in the industry.
Held by only 2% of all roofing contractors in the US, the GAF certification is a prestigious award because only these contractors have met the required qualification.
The following are important reasons why you should hire a GAF certified roofing company.
As earlier stated, the percentage of roofing contractors that are GAF certified in the US is only 2%. This statistic goes to show that your chances of falling into the hands of an amateur, or a not-so-professional contractor are high; we are talking about 98% of roofers whose professionalism cannot be guaranteed.
The good thing about hiring a roofing contractor that is GAF certified is that you have the assurance that your roofing project is in safe hands. This means that you have the guarantee of timely and efficient service. You can be sure that such a contractor will give you the best roofing material that meets up with standards.
Quality roofing materials
Considering that GAF is known to be the best material for roofing in the United States, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that opting for a GAF certified contractor guarantees that you will be getting the best roofing material available.
While you may think that you’re capable of doing a quality roofing installation yourself just by getting the GAF roofing material, that’s not true. You should note that materials manufactured by GAF can only be installed by certified contractors.
Current developments and trends
New roofing techniques are being developed in the roofing industry and the best way to keep up with them is by engaging the service of a GAF certified roofing company. You can be sure to get timely and up-to-date roofing techniques and services from these certified contractors. This is because GAF contractors never stop undergoing training and testing to get them updated with trends and development in the industry.
The best warranties
One of the best warranties you can get from any roofing contractor is the GAF Pledge Limited Warranty and this can only be offered by GAF certified contractors. This warranty covers roofing materials for up to fifty years with a maximum quality period of twenty years.
After installation, the GAF Pledge Limited Warranty comes with a long checklist that can only be carried out by a GAF certified contractor.
Peace of mind
Your peace of mind should come before any other consideration. With a GAF certified roofing company on your project, you are guaranteed peace of mind by their work. In addition to this, you get a strong warranty and quality delivery.
Another important benefit of working with a GAF certified roofing company is that the contractors are insured. This means that you won’t be held liable for any injury or accidents that may occur during the execution of your project.
Quality after-sale services
Quality post-sale customer service is something to look out for when hiring a contractor, and this is something you are most likely to get working with a GAF certified roofing company. All your questions about their installation will be answered to your satisfaction and their customer care service is excellent.
Yes, there are roofing companies who haven’t been in business for long and are able to do quality work with warranties. And this is not to suggest any bid from small or new contractors. However, choosing to hire such companies will demand more time and diligence from you. You will need to verify their license, insurance, track record, and other important things.
With the many benefits that come with GAF certified roofing companies, you won’t have to go through so much stress to hire one, and you are guaranteed to get quality service from them. To get a list of GAF certified contractors near you, check out the GAF website.